Books I Want to Reread // Ella

Friday 14 April 2017

Hi there, it's Ella. 
I wanted to post earlier this week, but I was really busy with universities stuff.
I planned on writing this post a while ago, because this is really fun to me: These are books I am planning to reread (hopefully soon).

I don't want this to be too long, so I will keep it short and include the links to Goodreads.
You'll see most of the copies are German, since they are mainly books I read some years ago, before I started reading English novels.
  1. Startes & Enders by Lissa Prize (German editions) - A awesome and unique dystopian, set in a society, where all adults died in the Spore Wars and poor youngsters rent their bodies to wealthy elders.
  2. Ballet Shoes  &
  3. Circus Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (German editions) - Children's books, creating a warm and lovely atmosphere and telling unique stories of dreams and wishes.
  4. At the Sign of the Sugared Plum by Mary Hooper (German edition) - London 1665, a young girl coming to town awaiting a big adventure, falling in love but finds herself in a city more and more captured by the plague. I considered this my favourite book for years.
  5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - The first English book I read out of English class. Despite it only being a three star read for me, I still would like to reread it now, because I am pretty sure I would enjoy it a bit more, since I will most likely understand more due to my improved English knowledge. (But it would still be three stars. I read it in German afterwards and thought the same)
  6. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver - Two sisters, inseparable until an accident leaves them totally estranged. One sister vanishes, another girl two, which leaves the remaining one trying to find her. This was my favourite English read since then and I was completely blown away by this book. I am really interested how I will see and think about it while rereading, having the big reveal in the back of my head meanwhile.
  7. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black (German edition) - Give me a ballet read and I will be all in. Add mystery and demons and I am all over it.
  8. Bunheads by Sophie Flack - another ballet story. You know, I love ballet stories.
  9. Modestrecke by Jessica Weiss & Julia Knolle (German) - written by two German fashion bloggers, this is a quick and fun but as well inspiring handbook.
  10. Carolina: Ein knapper Lebenslauf by  (German edition) - the story of a girl who danced ballet, unfortunately only published in Czech and German I think. However, another ballet story, you know.
  11. Russian Winter by Daphne Kolotay (German edition) - I bought this because, guess what, it's a ballet story. Except, it isn't. Like yes, this is about a ballerina, but that's not the main aspect. It's about her story. It's about personal drama. It includes a lot of political issues. I liked it back then, but I think, I did not really understood it. I am a few years older know and I think, now I will.
  12. Oxigenien by Klara Feher (German edition) - Unfortunately also only published in German and Hungarian this time. It's a science fiction novel about this man from earth who lands on a planet, where the poor people have to work to earn their everyday oxygen (that's why it's called Oxygenia), while the rich ones, well, live in fortune. The story tells how he tries to escape.
  13. Learn to scream by Beate Hanika - I think this is a really important read. I already read it a few times and I just want to do it again. 
  14. The Girl With Nine Wigs by Sophie van der Stap - the story of a young woman coping with cancer and fighting her way back into life.
Afterwards, I thought of two more books I really, really liked and want to include on this list, tough I haven't taken photos of them:

Revived by Cat Patrick - an interesting science fiction (I would say?) novel about a girl taking place in a government program testing a drug that can revive. 

White Like Milk, Red Like Blood by Alessandro D'Avenia - a poetic story about a boy falling in love with a girl who has leukaemia.

So, that's it finally. I really hope I will be able to post more than once a week and try to do this as possible.

What are you're rereads?
I would love to know!

Bye then, Ella.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love The Fault In Our Stars!! I've actually reread it once, but I'd love to read it again. <3 I barely ever manage to find time for rereads, unfortunately, buuuut, I would like to reread The Raven Cycle this year. And maybe make it a yearly thing! It's my favourite series ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read the Raven Cycle before, but everybody is saying that it's so good, I guess I have to pick the books up any time soon.
      I think I will try to make my rereading a project and read two books per month.

      Delete
  2. Oxygénia is now available in English, too: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/62708899/oxygenia .

    ReplyDelete