January Wrap-up // Lena

Tuesday 31 January 2017


The first month of 2017 went by so fast and it's time to reflect on what I read.
I have to say that January was quite a good reading month for me. I did not only read a lot of books this month, but also some pretty good ones. And btw, I read some of them in German.
In total I read 15 books. 
Let's see which ones...
_______________________________

22318578 

Marie Kondo: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing   
✭✭✭✭✩

I'm super motivated to live a more minimalistic life. This book was fun to read and I'm looking forward to trying the KonMari method soon. 







Rita Falk: Schweinskopf al dente (german) 
✭✭✭✭✩
I probably wouldn't have bought the book for myself but since it was a birthday gift I felt pretty motivated to read it asap. It's a detective novel, hilarious and the story is set in Bavaria. I guess, that's about all I can say about this book.

Beatrix Potter: Das große Beatrix Potter Geschichtenbuch (german edition) / The Complete Tales
✭✭✭✩✩
I really wanted to read a book from my childhood and I never forgot about Peter Rabbit. It was great to read the tales but unfortunately some of them were quite boring.


8621462 


Patrick Ness: A Monster Calls  
✭✭✭✭✩

Totally read this book in one sitting and I did my best not to cry at the end. I'm definitely ready for the movie!







Sara Eckel: Es liegt nicht an dir! 27 (falsche) Gründe, warum du noch Single bist (german edition) / It's Not You: 27 (Wrong) Reasons You're Single   
✭✭✭✭✩

Rainer Maria Rilke: Liebesgedichte (german) " love poems" 
✭✭✭✭✩ 

Kurt Tucholsky: Dürfen darf man alles - Lebensweisheiten (german)  
✭✭✭✭✩
This is just a book full quotes by a German author. 




29419064 


Hot Dudes Reading  
✭✭✭✭✭

This book is pretty self-explanatory. It's just a bunch of photos of dudes reading. I found a photo of my future husband inside this book and I'm currently working on getting his number. Okay... just kidding.







Kelly Choi: 7 Tage Tea Cleanse (german) 
✭✭✭✭✩ 
I thought this book was only about the tea cleanse itself but it contained so much more. It made my love for tea grow even bigger.


25914821


Ransom Riggs: Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #3) 
✭✭✭✩✩
I had no motivation whatsoever to finish the series. I'm glad I did it, but I have to admit it wasn't a very enjoyable read for me.






Shirley Seul: Das Leben ist keine To-do-Liste (german) 
✭✭✭✩✩
I got this one from the library because lately I feel pretty interested in those kind of self-help books. Since I always tend to write too many to-do-lists, this book was somewhat helpful.

Thomas Hohensee: Gelassenheit beginnt im Kopf (german) 
✭✭✭✩✩


29756838 


Mona Kasten: Begin Again (Again #1) (german) 
✭✭✭✭✭
Begin Again is a new adult romance novel by a German booktuber. I read the whole book in one day (btw it's 480 pages long) and it was exactly what I needed. 


34068836



Everyday Tidiness - 365 ways to a decluttered life 
✭✭✭✭✩
I borrowed this beauty from Ella. I loved the inspirational quotes. I do have to say that I'm already a pretty tidied person so I mostly read it just for fun.







John P. Strelecky: Das Café am Rande der Welt (german edition) / The Why Are You Here Cafe 
✭✭✭✭✩

_____________________________

That's it. I hope you all had a great reading month! 
What did you read?

Love, Lena 



No comments:

Post a Comment